For nearly 50 years, the Santa Barbara County Genealogical Society has helped members just like you discover their family history through programs, publications, and assistance at the Sahyun Library, our private research facility.
During the past year we know you have continued to work at home to piece together the unique story of your family. During this time, SBCGS assisted with more than 115 hours of virtual genealogy education. Volunteer library staff also provided remote access to our digitized Santa Barbara County records.
Now the time approaches to meet again in person. We’ve worked diligently to reopen the Sahyun Library, with new air filtration, masking, and social distancing measures. Your home access to SBCGS’s Ancestry Library Edition and other subscriptions ends on December 31, so we especially look forward to seeing you back in person at the Sahyun!
Looking to 2022
More than ever before, SBCGS needs your support to help genealogists just like you with virtual and in-person research and education. With your help, we are committed to helping both remote researchers and genealogists in the tri-counties of Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo to:
- Update the SBCGS website to provide you with more access
- Celebrate the release of the 1950 census at an April library event
- Provide new opportunities to learn with online special-interest groups, crowd-sourced research help, and DNA assistance
- Continue our outreach to SBCGS members near and far with research assistance and educational opportunities
- Celebrate our 50th Anniversary as a Genealogical Society.
How You Can Help SBCGS Now
With your continued support, <mail merge member>, we look forward to providing even greater community of purpose for genealogists. You make the difference by responding today with an annual gift using the reply envelope or online at https://sbgen.org/donation.php?dc=6
We are grateful for your gift that helps us help your family history research.
Art Sylvester, Co-President Robert Bason, Co-President